Thursday, February 19, 2009

Isn't it funny how just a little change in our usual schedule or routine can really take it's toll on a person... well atleast it does on ME?

Last night our family celebrated Brit's birthday with a dinner out in 'town'... a 30 minute drive from our house. We invited my mother, Al's parents, a cousin, a friend, and our family of 5. It was great to have us all together and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Just to eat a dinner out on a weeknight really took up about 5 hours of our evening? Crazy isn't it?

As a general rule, I am at home and 'in' for the night with the girls by 8pm or so. That equates to the fact that usually by 8:00 showers/baths have been taken; kitchen is cleaned up; laundry is processing; homework is finished or almost; and we are generally winding down for the night. Briley and I will read for 30 minutes or so and we might even color a page or two, but by 9:30p.m. our day is wrapped up and we are ready for bed and all of the preparations for the next day are made.

Since we were out celebrating last night, we didn't get home until 9:30 p.m. and that just really threw off our routine. Because we had to leave the house in a rush at 6:0o to meet everyone at the restaurant, we weren't able to complete our usual evening chores - i.e. homework, washing of school uniforms and etc.

Anyway, once we got home last night it was mad dash to get it all done and in a timely manner. As it turned out, Briley, Bailey and I didn't make it to bed until 10:30 and I still had to 'stay awake' long enough to make sure the athletic clothes made it to the dryer... UGH... that's the hardest part!! LOL So finally at 11:30 I could turn the lights out and call it a day - but now this morning I feel like I've got a hangover... ya' know? I'm exhausted! I'm worn out!

Why does a tiny little change in my routine have this effect on me? It's crazy, really it is! I guess I'm an old woman and I'm set in my ways.LOL

**OH and for the record, all I had last night was a side salad and bowl of soup - at RED LOBSTER! Is there no justice in this world? I sat and watched everyone devour crab legs dripping in butter. Oh well, I did enjoy a small...very tiny.... garlic/cheese roll... lets just say I savoured it for quite a while - trying to ease the pain! LOL

So today I'm pooped and really need a nap, and it isn't even 10 am yet.... oh this is going to be a long day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing a trend here with the garlic bread...

Heather said...

Ah yes. My whole months is off because of my week long company..lol I hope things get back on teck soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin