Thursday, April 9, 2009

Patio Pizza

This was an easy to prepare dish that would be great on a hot Spring/Summer day! My household isn't much on eating heavy pizzas that are laden with tomato sauce and meats, so I wanted to find another use for the packaged pizza dough I had stored in my pantry (you know... it was one of those food warehouse deals that I thought was a great deal... not so much!).

I've been trying to find healthier and tastier alternatives to just plopping down a bowl of green beans or corn and I'm proud to say that this was a definite crowd pleaser among my finicky bunch. The veggies used are simply what I happened to have on hand and I'm new to this whole veggie pizza thing, so I'm sure there are lots of other alternatives that are just as tasty.

I promise – if you love fresh veggies –you will love this fresh twist on pizza!

Patio Pizza


* 1 quick fix package of pizza dough (Just add water and stir kind)
* 1 bell pepper sliced – your choice of red/yellow/green
* 1 zucchini, peeled and cubed
* 1 yellow squash, peeled and cubed
* 10 small grape tomatoes, sliced
* 2 scallions (green onions), diced
* 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (or whatever kind you like)
* 2 tbl spoons of olive oil
* Fresh Parsley, Chives, Garlic, Oregano (as you like)

Prepare the pizza dough according to package instructions.
Once you have the dough spread out on the cooking tray, spread the olive oil evenly on top of dough.
Now you are ready to start piling on your veggie toppings, in no particular order.
Next add your various fresh herbs and seasoning.
When you have all of your veggies and herbs in place, top with fresh grated mozzarella cheese.

Bake in oven according to the pizza dough instructions.

My family couldn’t get enough and next time I need to make a 2 pizzas.

**Thanks so much to those of you that left me comments on my front porch! I am going to address the 'red door' idea with my husband! I know he's going to need a bit of persuasion when it comes to painting, but I'm not giving up!!! LOL I've wanted a red front door for YEARS....your suggestions have motivated me to PAINT! I'm going to start working on adding more colors to the porch and I'm going to a few antique/junk stores this weekend between my daughter's softball games, to see if I can find any cute tables or accessories that I can paint and use. Hopefully I will have some Before and After pictures to share in a few weeks!

1 comment:

AmyK said...

Oh my gosh, yum. If only there was a chance in a million that my family would even give it a second LOOK. Yum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin