Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update from the Dr

I went to the Dr yesterday for the results of all of my tests and apparently the stuck valve in my heart is not the problem! Whew...the ideas he had thrown out at me about how to fix this little situation, did not appeal to me, AT ALL!!!
The Cardiologist seems to think that all of my issues are related to weight (go figure?), high blood pressure, and mounds and mounds of stress! Gee.... Ya' think? By the time I finally get into the examining room, after waiting for 2 hours... I have developed a slight twitch? Stress? Anxiety? Really now?

I've been trying to tell the Neurologist, the Internist and now the Cardiologist about how much stress and anxiety I have in my life - they all think I'm crazy! MEN!!! They don't have a clue! No one seems to quite understand that the minute my feet hit the ground in the morning I'm running a flipping marathon!! It's a mad dash to get the girls up and out the door and on the way to school. Now, I know what you're going to say... "maybe I should get up earlier?". Well... uh... I don't know how much earlier I can get up, unless of course I just fore go sleeping all together? These people will not get out of bed! They are not morning people - and neither were their decedents....on their father's side! At 70 yrs old, the great grandmother would still be lying in bed at NOON, with a cigarette in one hand and cup of coffee in another? See... this is deep rooted!!! The stress just continues to carry on throughout the day for me - once I hit the office door - the fun starts!

Anyway, after the Dr. elaborated on my issues and what I needed to do to adjust my lifestyle, I left there with 4 Rx's and hopefully something will help. The panic attacks/heart palpitations are getting worse and more intense and just seem to wear me out. Oh and I got a nifty new prescription for Xanax! LOL Woo Hoo......I"m good to go! LOL

So there you have it....I'm not dying yet! I need to loose weight, I need to exercise more, and I guess I just need to keep watching what I eat (as if I don't already!). Now the only sure fire way to relieve my stress is to meet some nice, rich, handsome man to take away all of my worries and promise me the moon!

OUCH!! You didn't have to pinch me! I know I'm dreaming.

4 comments:

Deb said...

take a deep breath...take time for yourself...really you can...the world will keep moving...I know from experience...your family will be happier...when Momma is happier...if the kids don't get up let them face the music...I made the same mistake with mine...learned my lesson...

Cass @ That Old House said...

Join the club! Losing weight, exercising -- oh dear, that's been on my Resolutions list every new year's eve since high school.

As to those kids who won't get up, get those BIG OLD FASHIONED wind up alarm clocks with the big ringers on top, set them out of reach of their beds, and when they go OFF those kids will have to get up to silence them.

You can also try just letting them be late a few times and see how they like it. I know, that's a hard one, but it sometimes works. Especially for the teens -- you can't go off to college with them and wake them, so they better learn how to do that now.

Or do what my Dad did with one of my brothers -- came upstairs with a glass of cold water and dumped it on his face, and told him, "that's what I'll do every morning you aren't downstairs on time." He had warned him this would happen, but my brother hadn't believed him. It worked.

My Mom ended up changing the wet sheets, but it still worked. :-P

Good luck, glad to hear you are not checking out, and UGH those heart flutters are the worst. Stress. Take a DEEP breath. Cass

Deb said...

Amy, thanks for replying to my post..I found the easiest way is to have food ready to go...I buy fajita chicken already cooked from Braums..comes in a bag...bagged salads...cut up veggies and fruits ahead of time ready to go...and eat small servings and don't go back for seconds...my husband cooks the fish..he does it in a small amount of olive oil in a cast iron skillet takes about 8 minutes total...I know you can do it...you just have to get your head wrapped around it...and let go of stress...

Kay said...

No advice better than what you've already gotten, just take good care of yourself. Likely you know what you need and what you can handle much better than the doctors do.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin