Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ahhh... Tuesday...NO? It feels like a MONDAY!!

Even though it is actually Tuesday, my gang and I had a super hard time getting out of bed this morning! I am so glad that we are almost out of school - the hectic pace can slow down an itty bitty bit! (I'm dreaming here...)

We did the Memorial Day Weekend with friends and festivities involving parties and cookouts - desserts and the most fabulous Tres Leches cake I've ever tasted. (well okay, I've never tasted one before, but I'm a believer - NOW) This cake was to die for.... YUMMY! Of course I cornered our hostess for the recipe and I am going to give it a whirl - This was the closest picture I could find on google, so you get the gist of it! This was the most perfect light cake for the heat of the day. It was just sweat enough to fill that urge for cake and light enough to not make you sick in the heat of the day.. ya' know? :)
I am officially in the mood to start trying out new summer recipes and new smoothie drinks!
I'm even ready to get my ice tea maker out from under the cabinet and place it in its official 'spot' on the kitchen cabinet - LOL -It's summer time, don't ya' know?
Heres the recipe for the Tres Leches Cake
*1 yellow or white boxed cake mix
prepared by package instructions (except for the water amt)
use 1/2 as much water as the recipe calls for and substitute pinapple juice for the rest
*Bake cake as directed
*Mix together one can of Evaporated Milk
one can of Condensed Milk
one cup of heavy whipping cream (mmm.... I need to wipe the drool from my chin)
**can also use coconut milk in this mixture**
*Pour milk mixture on top of cake and let cool overnight in fridge.
*Next day, cover cake in whipped cream and garnish with fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges...etc...)
Let me know what you think of this recipe if you give it a try?
Or what other variations of a light summer cake you have? I'd like to find cake/pie recipes that use wine coolers in the ingredients! As tasty as those are, surely someone has baked with them?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin