Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's HERE.... Today... FINALLY......

Yes, this is my fine upstanding Sr. teaching her baby sister the finer talents in life! (Such a typical day in our home!)


13 years of homework, cheerleader camps, secret pal gifts, teacher gifts, uniforms, girlfriend dramas, softball games, cross country track meets, crazed prom dates, pricey school pictures, worthless counselors, hateful principals, and relentless projects have come down to one thing... A DIPLOMA!! WOO HOOO..... Tonight is graduation for Brittany! Can you say it with me? WOOOHOOOOOOO.... I made it, or should I say? She made it!!!

Although her plans are still uncertain as to what she is going to do with the rest of her life, which is totally understandable.....I am just glad to know that my primary responsibility to produce a functioning adult in society is coming to a close - sorta? I don't know why exactly, but it feels as if a huge burden as been lifted off of my shoulders - the Drama Queen is pretty much going to succeed or fail from here on out on her own terms...ya' know? I can lead said Drama Queen to college, but what she decides to do there is her own responsibility. I am very proud of her and I know that she is going to eventually turn out to be a responsible member of society, but I'm just not so sure when? LOL

She will begin taking Psychology class at the Jr. College next week, so hopefully she will be a bit enlightened about what a PSYCHO she is! lol I can hope can't I? If all goes well, when she finally heads off to the University in the fall she will already have 18 hours of college credit, which I don't think is too shabby for a 17 year old?

So anyway - moving on.... IT'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!! Awards ceremonies are over, Field Day is done, final exams are completed and everyone is moving on to the next grade! Not that there was any question about the girls passing, but it does a mother's heart good to actually see it in print - PROMOTED.

Now the real challenge begins - how to entertain my monsters for 13 long weeks?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

WooooooHooooooo!!!!!

Trailboss said...

I can remember the day I received my diploma very well. I thought to myself, no more school unless I want to go! What a feeling of freedom it was. That was in 1975. 25 years later, almost to the day my son graduated from the very same high school as myself. When he got his diploma I got mine out and we compared them. Other than the etching of the high school being a bit different since it had been remodeled they looked exactly the same! What a neat feeling.

Now, if I can just get my know-it-all 16 yr old daughter out we'll be set. She won't graduate from the same school though, we have moved to another county now. But that's ok cause she loves her school. She can be a 'redneck' there!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin