Saturday, July 19, 2008

Christmas in July???

What the heck is the deal with this???? The Lifetime Network has been showing a ton of Christmas movies this month, and last night on Hallmark channel I saw a commercial for another Christmas movies this weekend! UGH... WHY??? Don't we get enough of that sappy stuff during November and December?

Then on Tuesday as I was listening to the same radio station at my desk that I always listen to, they began playing Christmas music. That was supposed to last the entire day - YUCK!! It's 100* outside, I'm not in the mood for jingle bells. I had to change my radio station before I became ill or just more pissy! LOL The next day the dj's were commenting about all of the ugly emails they received... well... duh?? It's NOT Christmas.

Next up are all of the mattress and furniture stores that are advertising Christmas in July sales? Why? Did I miss something? Are we going to just eventually evolve into a twice a year Christmas? I certainly HOPE NOT!!! It's bad enough the Wally World alread has their school supplies, Halloween decorations, and Fall seasonal items on the shelves. It just really makes me grumpy!! LOL I know - I'm starting to sound like a grumpy old woman, but I like the smell of freshly chlorinated swimming pools and I like to shop for summer stuff, WHEN IT'S SUMMER, not in Early January - or atleast that would appear to be the direction the marketing trends are heading? Good Grief!

Am I just being hard to get along with? Or is this just out of control? I don't want a Christmas in July, complete with the music? Do you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will tell you some good advice then. Do not go to Hobby Lobby. They not only have out their Christmas decorations and supplies, but they have them on sale!

AmyK said...

Maybe if we wait long enough the marketing trends will get so far ahead of themselves that they'll loop around and be normal again! Eh, one can wish...
I hear ya; I feel the same way. It's July; let's have picnics, and barbecues, and go swimming--NOT decorate the Christmas tree!
Makes me grumpy, too.

Ronda said...

Amy, Hello.
I love ur blog bunches.
I have something for you to pick up over at my blog page.
My blog address is:
rondaspeachykeenlife.blogspot.com
"A Peachy Keen Life"
I do so hope that you will come over for a little visit and pick up ur present.
I just love ur blog.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin