Tuesday, September 9, 2008

School Pictures - Oh HORROR!

**UPDATE** Did you know that for a mere $6 you can have your school pictures retouched. Well you can bet we checked that box and included the additional $6! LOL


We've all been there - Picture Day at school and there's some sort of blemish that will haunt us for the rest of our lives, because there IT is - captured in color print - for the entire world to see!

Okay, so maybe its not quite that horrid, but when you're in Jr. High and you've got two HUMONGOUS zits on your chin and its THE day of school pictures - O...M...G.... It is traumatic!! Yep, it's Bailey Drama and believe you me - she is not the least little bit amused by this. I've assured her that we can always have re-takes done, but as she reminded me, the school uses the first go-around of pictures to put in the yearbook - they don't use retakes! (Insert rolling eyes!!!)

So, we've got approximately 24 hours before THE day and we'll be using all forms of magical zit remedies this afternoon and tonight. I've explained to her, that during my school years, from kindergarten through Jr. High, I always had missing teeth, fever blisters, chapped lips or zits - It's life - It's inevitable!

(Wish us luck -'cause there's not enough cover-up in the world to cover those pesky zits! They are with us to stay for several days! This too shall pass...)

What are your school picture horror stories?

5 comments:

AmyK said...

My teeth (pre braces) were awful in elementary school.

And in my seventh grade school picture, I had about twenty people ask me if I was anorexic. Seriously, people?! Could it be that I'm just skinny?

I can only imagine the Bailey drama... haha.

Wendy said...

Ugh....... I hate all of my old school pictures.

Have her dab some plain white toothpaste on them before bedtime. It should at least take away the redness so makeup can hide them somewhat.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I wish I could pay a mere $6 bucks right now for a little touch up on myself. LOLOL

Trailboss said...

When I was in the third grade I had my picture taken as usual. When we got them back I had a small scab on my chin that could be seen. My brothers teased me saying it was a booger. In fact, to this day, even though I am 50 yrs old they STILL tease me about it. When I was younger I got SOOOOOO mad and cried more than once (I'm sure I told Mom and Dad too....he he).

My horror was to always try to straighten my hair (naturally curly). Of course we didn't have the cool straightners like my daughter has now. I would wash my hair, roll it in HUGE rollers, put the hooded hairdryer on my head before I went to sleep and Mom would turn it off when she went to bed. I would pray every morning that it would look good. But none more than on school picture day.

Laurie and Bill said...

I don't think I ever had a school pic taken that looked good! LOL!

I always used the digitouch on all of DS's pictures in High School. People say, "No, don't, it doesn't look natural." Try telling a teenager they need to have a huge zonker of a zit on their chin, so they can natural. LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin