Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Day??? Sorta???

Well the ice storm blew through last night and left us with some frigid temperatures and a nasty layer of ice on EVERYTHING. However, the good news is that since we live in the southern sector of the Metroplex, we didn't get the heavy coated that our friends to the north received. As I type, the sun is shining and the ice is melting. Woo Hoo!! The most treacherous part of my drive into work today was getting out of my garage and down the steep hill of my driveway - we just coasted and all was fine.

While most of the area schools are closed, our little district decided to start late and I dropped the girls off at school at 10:00 a.m. and then came on into work. I don't know why... it's like a dead zone around here. The phones aren't ringing, there's a skeleton crew working today and it's just all around boring! It was nice to get in a few extra minutes of sleep, but I could have really used a few hours of 'free' time at home to clean house. Ya' know? There's just something about being at home in the middle of the week? I tend to get so much more accomplished, than when I am at home on the weekends? I wonder why that is?

Oh well - I'm here, I'm trying to look busy and I'm surfing the web - so I guess all is well in my little world?

Stay warm!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin