Friday, February 27, 2009

Yep - it's that time of year again, and Briley's troop is busy peddling these little wonders. We have a booth sale this weekend at our local Wally World and hopefully we can move a few hundred boxes - which I have stacked in my dining room! Last year, I remember vividly saying "I'm not doing this again next year" and here I am - pushing cookies! LOL

Now seriously - who doesn't like GS Cookies? They are what's good about America. These sweet delites evoke wonderful childhood memories and help promote a worth while organization ....yadda yadda yadda - you know the spill! LOL

I remember the absolute pleasure each year when we replenished our supply of Thin Mints and Trefoils - ahhhh - could there be anything better? Well - fast forward 30 years or so - and I still love these cookies, but I just don't allow myself to indulge in their goodness - quite as much! Okay, okay - I've had a couple of thin mints and a couple of the lemon sandwiches, but my cravings are much easier to suppress these days.

The next time you see a group of these young girls selling their stock of Girl Scout Cookies, please remember how hard they each work to meet their personal sales goals and how hard it is to earn the measly little $.55 per box that they sell. It takes a heck of a lot of Dosi-Dos to earn the money to send the troop to camp!

If you don't want a box of cookies, then please just donate a dollar or two directly to the troop - the smallest amount is appreciated and used wisely!

Enjoy your cookies and tell me what your favorite Girl Scout cookie is?

2 comments:

AmyK said...

I've never had girl scout cookies--I was a Camp Fire Girl when I was a kid, so we had our loyalties to our candies!
But we're about to get some cookies... one of Hubby's coworkers talked him into buying some from his daughter. We should be getting them soon, so I'm interested!

Heather said...

MMMM I love me some Samoas- Carmel Deeeeelights!
You should tell me which Walmart and I could come buy from you!!!! I could tell DH that is why I need more cookies...to support your troop, hehehehehehe!
MMMMMM

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin