Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's the little things in the mailbox that delight me.

Not only am I beginning to see signs of Spring along the roadside with the beautiful blue bonnets and other wild flowers, but I see signs of Spring in my mailbox!

Today I found a wonderful surprise in my mailbox - two NEW catalogs to ponder and browse through.... The Country House and Pierre Deux. I'm so excited to see the new lovelies and their delicious spring decorating ideas. I can never decide what items I NEED and can't live without(because we all know I NEED new things...with each new season), so I keep my catalogs in a basket beside my bed, and as I'm lying in bed watching George Lopez (hey, don't judge me...it's my quiet time :)), I browse page by page making a mental wish list or dog earring the pages for my return.

Quite often I realize that an item I had once fawned over, just isn't any longer as appealing to me. I'm certainly not an impulse shopper, but I still like having my new wish books close at hand. I sit and dream about how I can redo my bathroom or redecorate my entry way with the latest furniture and accessories, but all the while I realize it isn't likely to come to fruition - LOL. I have completely accepted the fact that I am living with champagne taste on a beer budget, but still - I can look!
I am absolutely certain that this would look gorgeous in my entry way, but the boring and responsible mother in me knows that there is no way on God's Green Earth that I can justify paying so much for something that will only sit in my home and collect dust! I already have cheap junk that does that for me! :)

I must leave you now so that I can begin to ponder through my new arrivals. You know? I have a theory - if I don't order from these catalogs they will no longer send me their catalog, so really - I must order something so I can keep day dreaming. Right? Okay, I don't want to know any different - it's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I knew I had read about The Country House somewhere. My MIL had an old catalog at her house yesterday and I fell in love. When I clicked on the website I knew I had seen it before. I saw it here..lol LOVE the stuff. I sent for a catalog too. WHohoooooooo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin