Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm off to see the wizard...

Well not really... but Briley and I are heading to my grandmother's house (4 hrs one way) to get a few things she needs while she is staying in the rehab center and to pick a few items in her garden.



This spring, my Nan-Naw planted 6 rows of green pintos for me. My original idea was that if she would plant them, I would be more than happy to help her pick the beans and prepare them for the freezer. Well - I've got 6 rows of these little buggers not so patiently waiting on me and her reminding me that it's time to pick the beans! LOL (Have I mentioned lately how much I love my Nan-Naw?)


Therefore, I hope to avoid the predicted rain showers and get as many of the beans, tomatoes, and squash that are ready - all picked and head home in a one day quickie trip! Luckily Briley is delighted and excited to go and help me and she is the best little traveler. I am so grateful to have my children, and I'm especially grateful that Briley is so easy to get along with and basically just hangs on for the ride without too much complaining.

These pictures are all of my grandmother's garden, just a year ago.... all hand tilled and hand planted by an 88 yr old woman - It's more work than I could ever imagine doing, but for her it's always been a labor of love.

Hopefully I will be able to get a few cute pics this weekend of mine and Briley's adventure in the Bean Patch! Stay tuned....and have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, what a beautiful garden. The bean and squash sound delish. I am jealous! Your g-ma is in my prayers as is your family for your safe trip!!!
Heather

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin