Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime Boredom has hit...


Last night or should I say at 2am this morning - I hear the vacuum cleaner? Oh yes, my dear Bailey was cleaning her room. Now I don't just mean the usual 'stash and grab' type of cleaning that gets me to stop nagging - I discovered she was doing some deep down, under the bed, hanging up clothes cleaning. I'm not quite sure what prompted this spurt of energy, but I'm not really going to complain.

I wasn't too happy to hear the vacuum running at 2am, but then again - she was bored!!! I didn't even think about doing a quick check of her room when I left this morning, but I'm hopeful that she will keep it clean, for a day or two.... at least?

Next up, I get a phone call at work this morning, from Briley telling me that she too had cleaned her room? WHAT? Could it be that they are so bored, they have resorting to CLEANING? It's a miracle? It's a little odd, but hey - who am I to complain? I'm just happy that maybe - one layer of cat hair has been vacuumed up? I'm happy that there might actually be clothes in the dresser drawers instead of stacked on top of the dresser or in the floor?

I'm just going to be happy with whatever little bit they've done on their own! I'm going to rejoice in the fact that I didn't have to nag at them to clear a path! :)

Maybe there's something to be said for summertime boredom?

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

Wow! That is amazing! If your kids need some more cleaning to keep them entertained, you can send them here.

Or better, can you bottle up whatever it is that made them think of cleaning when they got bored? You could sell that formula for a million bucks and make mamas all over the world very happy!

Heehee!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin