Monday, September 20, 2010

Hold on to your hats! I was in the mood to sew!!!

Believe it or not, I had a few minutes of solitude while all of the girls were out of the house doing their own thing and actually sat down a finished a project!  Yes, I expect the world to fall off of it's axis at any moment... or at the very least some sort lunar eclipse to occur?

Friday while surfing the Internet at work and watching the clock slowly tick down to 5 PM, I stumbled upon a pumpkin pattern that appeared to be easy enough that someone with a short attention span could accomplish.  In fact when I look at projects that I want to take on, my first consideration is always whether or not I will have the mental energy to see it through or whether or not I will be able to squeeze it in during commercials of "Reba" or "Everybody Loves Raymond"?  Hey -it's all about priorities in my house!

Yesterday was obviously a slow TV day for me and I had already seen all of the Episodes of "Cake Boss", so I felt it was a safe bet I could actually get a pumpkin made.  What do ya' know?  I did! 

Eh?  I wasn't too impressed with the way it turned out.  It's cute enough, but it's too short and squaty for my taste.  I think I'll try it again using a bigger panel pattern and this time I'll use all the same fabric.  Plus the felt leaf and button top just didn't do much for me... so back to the drawing board.  At least I know what I do not want to do this time around.  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think it is pretty cute all short and squatty...hmmm reminds me of someone...oops, that would be me! LOL I think it is a great project!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin