Wednesday, February 18, 2015

24 years ago... TODAY!!!

As hard as it may be to believe, I have a 24 year old daughter!!  I know... it's a shock to me too; how did this happen????

My oldest daughter, Brittany, is 24 years old.... I think I'm going to have to repeat that over and over again in my head, because I'm still in total denial that is has been 24 years since we brought that precious little baby home. I had no idea what I was doing and certainly had no clue how to keep such a valuable gift alive!  Much less figure out how to feed and nurture this little high maintenance precious baby girl! ;)

She's currently working full time and has returned to college to finish her degree in Sports Management and lives on her own, paying her own bills (ok, so maybe not ALL, but the majority of her own bills).   My point is that I'm pretty sure I can call this kiddo a SCORE!  I've passed the motherhood test (on this one). 

Undoubtedly, lots of trial and error and many HOURS of prayer are the only reasons WE survived each other.  :)  I'm so proud of the beautiful independent woman she has become.  Her drive and determination are certainly motivating to me.  I have no doubt that she will accomplish anything she sets her mind out to do. 

{Yes, I swiped a picture of her and her honey off of FB because being the wonderful mother that I am, I don't have any recent pictures of her.  :)  (ooops!) }


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin