Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Reads

I rarely have time to devote to any good books during the year, but for some strange reason I make it a priority in the summer to get a few good reads in before the summer season ends. I genuinely enjoy sitting on my front porch in my rocking chair and reading. And yes, as you might imagine I like smut books!! LOL Now, I also like other kinds of books too... which are mostly about sewing/quilting, or just about anything else except Science Fiction - ugh... gag!!!

Anyway, I have rediscovered Half-Priced Books - oh my!!! I've been away too long!! I took a stroll through there on Saturday evening and realized that is quite the hopping place to be! I mean, the parking lot was packed, the line to check-out was crazy - what's the big deal about books... well... let me tell ya' - it's HALF PRICED BOOKS! OMG... I left there with a stack of goodies for Briley and me. Briley is my little book worm and she has started reading the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle series, so I found a couple more for her to devour! LOL
As you might imagine, I've already started on my first smut book of the summer - it's called - Have Glass Slippers Will Travel. Now this is certainly no great Summer Read of the Today Show list, but it's easy- breezy reading and so far not too bad and not much smut - okay not enough smut, yet? LOL

What are you favorite summer reads?

2 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

I don't do trashy romance novels,or smut books. I do however like books in series. I'm currently reading Debbie Macomber's books about Blossom Street.

I loved the Jan Karon Mitford series too.

Vintage Chicken said...

Hmmm.... I'll have to check into that series. A few years ago I got caught up in a series of Amish stories that I really enjoyed.
I'll have to make a note of Blossom Street.

Thanks for the suggestion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin