Monday, June 23, 2008

Thou Shalt Not Covet.....


They neighbor's' stuff...

But it's so hard not to.... It's 100* here and will be for another 900 days or so!!! We NEED a pool!!! We WANT a pool!!!! The girls like to remind us that we had a pool at our 'old' house, and that we've been bitterly punishing them for the past 6 years, by living in Texas heat without a pool - It's really a quite pitiful and valid argument, in my eyes? (too bad I'm not the final say on this stuff.)

Hmmm... I wonder how much begging and pleading this would take on my part, before hubby would consider? I'm not picky - I would be more than happy with this set-up, as well.

OH heck... a large puddle of water at the end of a slip-n-slide would even be good, at this point! LOL And more within our budget!

** Now back to reality*** The garden sprinkler is calling my name. Maybe I can splash around in that when I get off of work today. Oh yes, you know you are coveting my garden sprinkler... :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Texan, I soooo hear ya! Whew. It's hot. And that's just fact. Having already hit 100 degrees this year makes me very, very scared. We have an indoor pool about 2 miles away and I think we will be there often this year. My son's birthday, in 2 1/2 weeks, will be a swimming party in our backyard in his huge blowup pool!

Anonymous said...

I have meant to tell you. My Dad is a graduate of SHSU and my husband is looking at their program for his masters this next year. He's going to go there if accepted.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...got the dang pool, just a round stick out of the ground one (a big people one), and NO WARM WEATHER TO USE IT!!!

I love you Amy, but having trouble summoning up the pity at the moment, just dreaming of walking on squishy TX asphalt on a sunny summer day!

Vintage Chicken said...

ROFL>... Oh Kris... you are so right - I wouldn't dare trade weather with you....
And yes, you have to experience the squishy asphalt to appreciate it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Not to sound too nerdy or anything, but that squishy asphalt is a little peek into my head :-) It is one of my most vivid memories of my first trip to TX, and I can't tell you how PLEASED I am when I get somewhere that it squishes!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin