Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School


Wooo Hooo!! Yipppeee!!!!!! Life is back to normal (well, our crazy level of normal)!!!

As the alarm went off this morning I repeatedly hit the 'snooze' button in hopes that it was just a bad dream - no such luck - the alarm continued to disturb my peaceful sleep for 30 more minutes. It was inevitable - I HAD to get up. In an effort to ensure I had heard the alarm, our pesky cat, Lexi was nudging at me and purring.....and once I regained consciousness I realized we had a guest in our bed - Briley!!! Now I'm not exactly sure how long she had been there and why she was there, but her knees were pressed against my backside which gave me even more incentive to get out of bed and begin the day. So with my first step into the shower I realized I had fully committed to starting my day - UGH - It's Monday! :)

Surprisingly Bailey, who from here on out shall be known as GRUMPY, was easier than expected to get up and moving this morning, but she didn't have a good hair/make-up day! She says she looks like a snowman because of her fair complexion - uh - well - sorry????? From this albino mama to my clone - I don't know what to tell you?

Briley was eager to get dressed this morning and actually wanted to ride the bus, but I wasn't ready to send her off on the bus so we decided she could watch a few cartoons while waiting for the rest of us to get ready. She looked so precious sitting in our recliner with her backpack on, lunch box in hand, and watching Sponge Bob! LOL

So... it's 7:15am and we are all heading out the door - the girls are dressed in new school clothes, new sneakers, and toting new backpacks and lunchboxes - its the traditional first day of school for our household. Little or no anxiety - which is a first for us!!! I can't wait to get home this afternoon and hear how everyone's day went.

I'm sure tomorrow we will be back to our usual school morning drama that I've missed so much! LOL

1 comment:

AmyK said...

I'm totally jealous. I love first days of school. Granted, I've never been on this side of the fence, being the "parent"--I've always been the student! SD starts school in three short days, though. Woohoo!

That's so funny that Briley was in your bed. I cracked up when I read that. And then sitting there with her backpack and lunch box watching SpongeBob? Priceless.
I hope they're all having a GREAT day! And you too, missy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin