Tuesday, August 26, 2008

They survived....

The first day of school, that is. Bailey is back in her social butterfly mode and flitting around having a great time and the classes just tend to cut into her fun time? - Go figure? :) Actually the first thing she told me was that riding the bus stinks and that lunch was great! What a hoot - she's all about the important stuff. However when she had to wake up at 5:30 a.m. today to make it to volleyball practice by 6:00 a.m. - things were not as peachy in her world. She still holds the nickname of GRUMPY!!

Briley was absolutely delighted to be back in school and as soon as she arrived home she proceeded to complete her homework... ahhhh.... back to normal at last. She thrives on reading and math and any kind of worksheet is better than a cookie in her world. Briley did tell me that even though she loves school, she loves me too. I guess maybe she thought she couldn't have two loves? Who knows what goes on in that precious busy mind? I tried to ask her about her lunch and recess and all she wanted to tell me about was the library and the science lab - What a cute little Nerd she is!

So I guess it's safe to say that the first day of school went well and I consider it a huge success that they both went back again today!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

AmyK said...

Glad to hear they survived and all is getting back to normal!
I'd LOVE to have a nerdy kid. Then I wouldn't feel like such an odd-ball in my nerdiness!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin