Friday, August 15, 2008

New Quilt Project

Well, I've started yet another project that I hope to get finished before I turn 100!!!

I went to Hancock's last night to pick up this pattern and the fabric - oh --- I should know better than to go to that store when I'm weak and vulnerable.

Now in my own defense they were having a HUGE remodeling sale and their books and booklets were 60% OFF!!! So.. I mean... it's not my fault - they took complete advantage of my weakness! LOL I came home with two quilt books that were just too good to leave at the store! Hey, I'm an addict -it's an inherited family trait - just ask my grandmother - she will defend me!!

Anyway, I spent 2 hours last night cutting out the squares for the quilt and quickly realized that I must be an idiot of great proportion...'cause I STINK at using a rotary cutter! What's wrong with me? I simply can't cut a straight line with either of my rotary cutters - so I went back to scissors and didn't get much accomplished - but I'm still excited about this project and can't wait to get to work on cutting more squares and rectangles! LOL I might get around to sewing this weekend, but I'm not counting on it! LOL I'm slow and totally inept at using sharp tools.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the fabrics I'm using and keep you posted on my progress.

I have a very dear friend that makes 'prayer quilts' to give to families at the hospital and she has asked me to join her in making a few. It's been quite a few months since I've had my sewing machine out and had the patience to sit down and complete anything, so I'm going to pray about this and try I can find the patience and mental presence to help her with this very worthwhile project. I have great intentions somewhere between saying 'sure, I'd love to help you' and actually completing something! Ya' Know?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin