Monday, August 18, 2008

Quilt Project .... Cont'd.....


Happily I can report that I have completely finished cutting out the 4 million squares and rectangles for this quilt. I did get much better with the rotary cutter and finally decided to go and buy a larger rotary mat to make the job easier - oh my - it was much easier! I still don't do so well at making a complete cut through the fabric at times, but it sure beats the heck out of scissors! LOL

Now I want to know - for those of you that quilt - where do you cut your quilt pieces and blocks out at? I mean, do you use a table top, are you seated, are you standing, or are you on the floor?

I've tried them all and it seems the best method for me is to just plop down in the middle of the living room floor, spread out my fabric and various other toys and just go to town cutting. It seems to be the less painful for my back, but after about 6 hours I am considerably stiff - but I have a huge stack of quilt pieces that are ready to be sewn together. I'm getting so excited about this quilt.

OH - I almost forgot - Have a great Monday! I don't personally endorse Monday as a happy day, but I'm really trying to start the week off to a good start! LOL

2 comments:

AmyK said...

I do the same thing! I grab the fabric and my cutting supplies and plop down in the middle of the livingroom floor! Nothing else has worked for me yet.

Memaw's memories said...

I don't do big quilts, but what I cut out, I do on my sewing table. It's just the right height, and I have one of those old cutting boards on top of it so I have all the grids and stuff.

And I have a stool that I can sit on to rest when I'm working.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin