Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I"m done ....


Finished.... It's over - I quit!!
From this day forward I am resigning from my position as head laundress, chef, and chauffeur or better known as MOTHER!! Is there some paper I need to fill out somewhere? Do I need to seek proper legal representation to make this binding?

I don't know what ever possessed me to think I could pull this off, but I just obviously don't have what it takes to be the mother of these three deranged children. Obviously their headstrong and opinionated ways are a direct reflection of their exposure to too much time with their father! If I say the sky is blue, then someone is going to argue with me. If I ask someone to take a shower, then I'm going to hear 400 reasons why they don't want to take a shower and let's not even get started with teeth brushing! UGH! Go ahead... see if I care if all of your teeth fall out!!! I'm not the one that's going to be gumming my food!!

My 17 year old spoiled, ungrateful spawn has decided that she can live a better life living with her ungrateful spoiled 18 year old girl friend in HER parents' garage apartment. OH really now? Are you employed? Do you have any money? Can you even cook for yourself? Do you have any idea how much it costs to live on 'your own'? All of which this brat can answer a resounding 'NO'! See? What did I tell ya'... DERANGED!!! Oh by the way - on your way out - leave MY credit card that you use to put gas in your car with - on the cabinet.

I guess it's just too much for some kids to live in a new home where EVERYTHING is paid for and made available to them. Including college, clothes, food, and transportation? I guess I have really been a horrible mother? Go ahead... take all of your possessions (which I paid for) and move your happy little butt out.... (INSERT HUGE EYE ROLLING HERE)....

I didn't sign up for this drama. I certainly never created this for my parents - If I had, I can promise you I would have been picking my teeth up off of the floor! LOL

I am at the end of my rope with all three of my brats! Usually I like Briley, but lately she's turned into a little monster - is the moon in some weird phase? Are we having some sort of galactic imbalance? Can I sprinkle ground up happy pills in their food?

I've always heard the saying that "you're paying for your raising"... UH... I beg to differ - I'm obviously paying for someone else's raising because I guarantee I never acted like this - BUT my husband - well..... I guess the stories that his sisters told me were true, after all!

8 comments:

AmyK said...

My goodness.
I think it is the moon. I really do. Things have been rough around here, too, and I only have a stepkid, who's only here half the time!

If it's their dad's fault, why do YOU have to pay for it?! Ah! It's like you're paying for HIS raising. So really, you should uh, go to a spa or something.

Vintage Chicken said...

I totally agree with you! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amy, you sure do need a hug! Hugging you from afar...

Wendy said...

Poor Amy! (((HUGS)))

You know what? You really should be done. Don't just say it. Mean it!!! You do so much that they just expect it from you and don't appriciate it. They don't know how lucky they are.

The oldest, I know it's hard, but you have to let her go. I thought I was smart at that age too. Nothing teaches you better than experience. Let her see.

The other two, let them be. Tell them when they get cavities, you are not bringing them to get them filled. And when their teeth are rotten and no boys will ever want to kiss them, it will be their own fault. ;-)

All those activities, um sorry! You gotta find your own ride till you can get a job and buy your own car and pay insurance on it and put gas in it! ;-)

I'm kidding. Mostly. But you know that's what you want to tell them! lol I know what you're feeling. It's hard to just let go and not care.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I think there is something going on with that moon I swear. I"m sorry about the drama over there. I'm luck I had two boys and they never really gave me much grief. I told them get a full time job and go to college or GET OUT. One left home after high school and the other went to college. But they both talk to me so I guess I did the right thing. Gotta be tough!!!

Laurie and Bill said...

Oh, Amy, don't I know where you are coming from. Has she turned 18 yet? That's their favorite expression, "I'm 18, I'm an adult." LOL!

Anywho, maybe if you let her go to live with her girlfriend, she'll wake up to all that you always do for her. When she doesn't have you there to do for her, she'll probably realize how good she had it.

DS couldn't wait to 'fly the coop' and go to college. Well, he called last night (6 weeks later) and said, "I want to come home for the weekend." This is the boy who said he wouldn't be home until Thanksgiving. He has no practice for two days and it was the first thing he thought of..."I want to come home." He told hubby and I that he misses us real bad. LOL!

When they have to do their own laundry, be responsible for feeding themselves, they realize all the freedom ain't what they thought it was!

Hugs!

Vintage Chicken said...

Thanks for you words of love and wisdom ladies... I know it's a process that we all have to go through to reach adulthood - but - in the process I'm exhausted! LOL

Brit did call last night to speak to Briley, so I know she's missing her sisters already - ha ha - it only took TWO days! LOL And she had a blow-out yesterday on the way to college and had to call her dad to come help her! Yep - she's a real adult!! LOL

I know this too will pass and she will be back in a few days, but in the meantime I'm just bitting my tongue - well as much as any mother can! :)

Frank said...

As a relatively new dad, this isn't encouraging... ;o)

I hope it passed/passes soon...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin