Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Under-Appreciated Food


Tapioca Pudding... Do we really appreciate the feeling of complete and total comfort that it offers with its creamy sweet taste and unique texture?

We've already determined that I am definitely an emotional eater and when I get stressed I head for comfort foods. This time I headed straight for the box of tapioca pudding. I can't really describe what it is that I enjoy so much about it, other than when I was a kid my mom would fix tapioca as a special treat for my dad and I just grew up liking it as much as he did. I've tried to buy the pre-made stuff from the grocery's refriderator section, but it just isn't the same - it's got to be the 'real stuff' that my mom made years ago.

Not too long ago I asked my mom if she would make some for me... uh.. her response was 'no'... "You can make it better than I can and you're not 7 anymore..." Gee... do you just feel the love from my mom? Or what? LOL I really do make it tastier than she does! :)

So anyway - I'm on a campaign to bring back the fascination with Tapioca Pudding - Won't you join me?

6 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I LOVE tapioca pudding!!!! It's soooo good. I buy it alot!!!

Laurie and Bill said...

I don't really 'love' tapioca pudding, but my husband and son do.

Do you have a good recipe for the homemade?

Vintage Chicken said...

Recipe???? LOL...I just follow the direction off of the Minute Tapioca box and add a little bit more sugar than suggested... and I add a dash of cinnamon... mmmm...yummy!!!

Laurie and Bill said...

Ahh, I thought maybe you were making it totally from scratch.

Oh, well, I guess I can make the Minute Tapioca easy enough...they probably won't notice the difference either.

Donna said...

This is my hubby's Favorite dessert! Hello from a fellow Texan! Have a great day!

Lisa @ The Hem Line said...

OK, I am making tapioca pudding tonight! I love it with just a little swirl of raspberry jam and a spoonful of real whipped cream!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin