Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stop the ride, I wanna get off!!

Okay, so maybe my life isn't quite as exciting as a carnival ride, but I would like to get 'off' of the ride for a few days. I wish I had something exciting to even tell you about, but as usual I've just been busy being the 'mom' and going about life and all that it entails. I'm very sorry that I haven't updated as frequently as I usually do - but I just don't have anything going on that is worth mentioning. Maybe that is a good thing?

I guess I can tell you about Briley's day at the State Fair with our friends? She had a blast! Rode tons of rides, had her face painted, took in all the sights and sounds including the deep fried twinkies, and petting the animals. Oh and let's not forget that she saw the 'World's Largest Pig'? I have no idea about that one, but she was impressed, so I guess that's all that really matters. Needless to say, Briley loved the State Fair and can't stop talking about it. She went on Monday when the kids were out of school and she's still tired - LOL!!! Oh well- these are the great memories that make up our childhood.... right?

Now moving along to Bailey - hmmmm???? Oh yes, her volleyball team placed THIRD in their tourny this weekend and she's ready for volleyball season to be over with. Waking up early and dragging her booty to school for practice at 6AM is not what she considers fun - and neither do I - when I'm the one doing all of the dragging! LOL Bailey had sorta been toying with the idea of playing basketball this upcoming season, but when she found out that they practice early too and more often - well???? That was that! No more basketball talk for Bailey! :) I'm not the least bit upset - 'cause I don't like basketball anyway! :)

Next up is Brit - let's just say she's still around! LOL She's still in school and she's still eating my cooking - so I guess all is well with her. I do plan on having her do some color touch-up on my hair this upcoming weekend, so maybe I can get a little return on my money that's paying for cosmetology school.

I know this will come as a shock to most that know me, but I have a sister. Yes, yes, I really do... I never mention her because we just aren't close at all. Basically we share the same set of parents and we look similar, but my kids wouldn't know her if they passed her on the street. She is 7 years older than I am and we've never really had any interest in each other - EVER.

Anyway, my sister has a full size bed that my mom bought for whatever reason and now my sister no longer needs it, so in keeping with the chain of command in our world, it becomes mine for taking. Yep, I am going to take it! Brit wants to redo her room and I really can't say that I blame her because Jr. High Chic is way out of style for someone as mature as she! BAHHAAAWWWAA... (that was a joke - please laugh!) But I do agree that it's time to redo and repaint and change up things a bit. Stick around, hopefully I will remember to take pictures to share with you the furniture fruit basket turnover we are about to have in our house. This should be interesting - considering I'm going to have to do a LOT of begging to get the big man --- aka... my husband --- to help.

Well, I've rambled on enough for today and I hope that you know I haven't abandoned my faithful readers, but my life is just ho-hum lately! Don't worry - the drama is bound to kick up a notch - it's a full moon tonight! LOL

1 comment:

AmyK said...

Your updates on the girls always crack me up!
And... you have a sister?! I'd never have guessed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin