Monday, November 24, 2008

Alfredo Sauce

Now don't die of shock, but yes I'm posting another recipe. A GREAT recipe, if I do say so myself. I have no idea where this originated, but it was passed along to me from a co-worker and it was so easy and tasted wonderful.


*1 stick of salted butter (NOT MARGARINE)

*1 quart of heavy whipping cream

*2 eggs yolks, beaten

*1 1/2 cups of freshly grated Parmesan cheese

*1/8 cup of fresh chopped parsley

*1 tbsp of garlic powder


In large skillet melt butter with heavy whipping cream, then when the butter is melted add the 2 egg yolks and stir until the consistency starts to firm up a bit.

Next sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder. Continue to cook over low heat and stirring occasionally.


This entire process only takes about 10 minutes and then it is ready to pour over your cooked fettuccine noodles. I also accessorized my own personal plate with a few slices of fresh tomato from my back yard, and it was awesome!!!
I had hoped that there would be some leftovers for me to bring in for lunch today, but NO.... not a drop was left! I guess it met with everyone's approval?
Try it... it beats the pants off of those bottled versions you can buy at the grocery store!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, this sounds really good!

On one hand this is not exactly healthy fare and on the other-it's not like I won't be(hopefully) gaining more weight soon anyway....

Plus, it's calcium! I need more of that right?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin