Monday, November 17, 2008

Update on the purse calling my name...

I went to Dillard's bright and early Friday morning, fully prepared to lay down my $275 for THE purse I just had to have. However, when I found it and tried on my shoulder it was awful. The straps were too short and it was just awful... I was totally devastated, UNTIL the nice helpful little old lady mentioned that there were some NEW Dooney and Bourke purses that I might like.

Now how did she know me so well???

Yes, yes she was right - I did discover there were a few of the D&B purses calling to me - it was some what spiritual! :) (You should be reading this with sarcasm.) Not to worry...I found a very wonderfully comfortable shoulder strap on a chocolate brown suede D&B that just happened to be ON SALE!! GASP!!! Well - now you know me - I can't pass up a sale! It was meant to be... duh!!

Of course since I found a purse on sale - I had EXTRA money to spend! Woo Hoo.... Yep, you guessed it, I just had to have a new wallet to match. How could I not? It would have been a horrible fashion mishap.


So now I've got a new purse to sooth my wounds while we visit my in laws for the holidays. Okay, so I really didn't need a new purse to survive, but I'm sure going to feel better - even though none of my hick town in laws will really care one way or the other what kind of purse I carry - I will know.... WINK WINK!!!

**Disclaimer: I'm really NOT a name dropping purse feign.... but... I do have my moments when the little things I can afford for myself, make the rest of my life bearable!**

(Stay tuned for the latest in my husband's skanky text messaging softball mamma/girlfriend - this is getting good!)


Here's the link to a picture of this totally fab purse... Brown Suede Fredrica Bag
I really like the 'feed bag' style also... hmmmm????? Maybe?

2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hellooooooo, where is the photo??? We need to see this new purse and wallet. Love me some purses.

SweetAnnee said...

Oh..I love the purse..
good for you..treat yourself

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin