Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Music?


What's your favorite?

I've been listening to an online radio station that is playing Christmas Music and I'm slowly getting into the spirit of the season.

I also realized that I really only like the 'ole' guys Christmas music... such as Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, and Nat King Cole? I also like the traditional songs as sung by the popular artists of the 50's. I wonder why that is?

Maybe it's because that is the music I grew up listening to. My parents had RECORDS (remember those?) of the old time original favorites of the 50's and 60's and since we had music speakers all over our house (a hobby of my dad's) and we had a fancy schmancy stereo (another hobby of my dad's) we had wall-to-wall music going on in the house - most of the time. I never really realized how unique that was until I tell that to someone else and realize that it wasn't the 'norm' to have in most homes? Hmmmm???? We were surround sound and didn't even know it? LOL

What is your favorite Christmas music and/or artist?

1 comment:

Memaw's memories said...

I like the old stuff too. Especially Dean Martin and Bing Crosby.

I do like the one that was in the movie, The Grinch, called Where are you Christmas that Faith Hill sings.

And I like the silly stuff like the things the chipmunks do.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin