Friday, March 27, 2009

We marry 'em off early in the South....

Well maybe not literally - LOL - but this was the play performed by the 2nd grade class, the play is a spin-off of a book the class has been reading, "The Prince Bubba Gets Married". I must admit, they were precious acting out their extra-twangy-country bumpkin parts! Briley was the bride, Mizz Lurleen -simply because she had the red boots to fit the part! Well?? What other reason is there? :)


All of the kids seemed to have a great time and we can finally stop practicing 'our' lines at home! I'm proud to say that the play went off without a hitch and Mizz Lurleen and Bubba sealed their marriage with a hand shake and lived happily every after!





If I didn't know better, I would swear that she was about to break out into a verse of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift -because I guarantee Briley knows every single word to the song.


Ahhhh... the life and times of 2nd grade!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin