Friday, May 1, 2009

Just Pray

Our family just received some very disturbing news... my grandmother, Nan-Naw has been diagnosed with cancer of the spine and the prognosis is not good. At this point, our objective is to alleviate as much of her pain as we can and to keep her as happy as possible.

This has all progressed very suddenly and we are in shock at this point. Just 2 weeks ago, she was still driving herself around town to and from church, and gardening by hand in her yard, as she's always done. This year she planted 6 rows of beans and was hopeful that we could can those, together. Those dang beans better make it, it's all I've got to look forward to, at this point! LOL

She seems to have resolved herself to the idea that it's her time to go, but I can't say that any of us are at that point of realization yet. I mean, we all knew her time would come, but I guess we just weren't ready for it to be 'her time'. Ya' know?

The Dr's can't give us any answers as to how long we will have her with us, but for the time being we are going to do as much as we possibly can to keep her dignity and her mind in tact.

Just pray, if you will - for the peace and resolution that our family needs to get through this very difficult time and for her to be 'easy' with pain and to avoid any undue suffering.

I've always said that the Good Lord would have to catch her before he could take her...

7 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Amy, praying for your grandmother and your family.

Hugs!

AmyK said...

Praying for certain.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm praying for your grandmother. Hang in there, we're praying for you too.
Hugs

Heather said...

Your grandmother and you and your family are in my prayers!!!!

Dawn said...

Amy, Prayers and Positive thoughts headed your way. Oh, when you have a moment there's a little something over at my blog for you to pick up.

Little Lady Cakes said...

Our prayers are with your family.

Ronda said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry to hear the news. PLEASE know that I will be praying for your Nan-naw, as well as the rest of your family.

I know she is in God's loving care.

Love & Prayers,
Ronda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin