Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thank you so much ....

For the lovely prayers and well wishes! My heart is so full to know that I have so many 'friends' praying for and thinking of our family during this time.

We have been greatly blessed and pleasantly overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from my Grandmother's church family and friends. It has truly been a blessing during this difficult time.

The prognosis is not good and we are basically taking it day by day. Not only is her body covered in cancer, but she has a broken sacrum and is unable to walk. So the pain meds are keeping her as comfortable as possible and we are continuing to pray for peace and comfort for her during this time.

Her mind is still very alert and her quick wit is still intact, her little body is just worn out!
I know she must be very frustrated with the situation, but she hasn't shown it to us and she is still quoting scripture and telling us what we should and shouldn't do! LOL

I have come to terms with this diagnosis, but that doesn't mean I have to like it - ya' know?
I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to become more difficult and challenging to us as we begin to make some very difficult decisions regarding her care. She will be in the hospital for another few days and then we will have to move her to a nursing home, but I just pray that we will find the right place for her and she will continue to feel loved and comfortable.

1 comment:

Memaw's memories said...

Why do we have to make these decisions? Losing the people who've meant so much in our lives is very difficult.

I'm praying for you the peace that passes understanding. And that God's will be done in everything.

May God bless you and your family.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin