Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I refuse to get older!

Do you think that will stop the birthdays from coming? Probably not!!
One week and one day until I turn the big '40'...I'm wearing a heart monitor!! UGH. If this is any indication of what the next few years might hold - uh - I don't wanna!! (As I walk off stomping my feet and crossing my arms!)

I finally succumbed to the constant heart palpitations, the headaches, and the sugar shakes and made an appointment with the Internist. I don't do Dr's - at all!! For me to even make the appointment is a huge step - but sitting at my desk doing nothing and experiencing constant body rattling heart palpitations, was enough for me to take notice and take action.

So far I've had an EKG, fasted for 12 hours and had blood drawn, and been plugged up to a heart monitor for the next 24 hours.
Of course this morning when I had blood drawn I had NONE of the sugar shakes that I've been suffering with for the past month or so... of course not! That would be too easy! Also, since I've been wearing this heart monitor - NO palpitations - NOT A ONE! This is so frustrating! It's like I'm a big liar or a hypochondriac, but my symptoms are real - they really are!

So....to be continued.... Will I make it to 40? Will my heart blow up before then? Will my sugar bottom out and I fall into a coma? Who knows? The way my luck goes - it could go either way. I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Amy, I am sorry you are feeling so rotten. I pray that the docs can find out what is wrong and that it is a simple thing.

And don't worry about turning 40. I just turned 42 and it is not bad at all! I have decided that my 40s are going to be my BEST years so far!

Laurie and Bill said...

Amy, sure hope the docs can figure out what's going on!

Right around 40, I went through a whole lot of irritating, but not life threatening health issues. Once the year was up, my mind must have caught up with my body or my body caught up with my mind, because I haven't had any issues since!

Hugs, I know it stinks getting older, but after awhile you start to feel more comfortable with the aging process!

Ellyn said...

You'll make it! My 40s have been terrific, despite the body going downhill! Hope they figure out what the issue is very quickly.

Memaw's memories said...

Wish I could send a magic pill to cure all your ails. 40 isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.

They'll get to the bottom of your troubles sooner or later. Just hang in there.

When they take blood to check your sugar levels, somehow they can tell what it has been for like the last 3 months. I don't know how, but they can. So don't worry that you weren't haveing a sugar shake when they took it.

Heather said...

You are in my prayers. Keep us posted. My mom just went through the same thing and they just found she had too much adreniline??

Ella said...

The joy that comes with aging....
Praying it is just the usual stuff and once you get over this hump.......The 40's are pretty good *8-)

Blessings, GG

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin