Friday, August 7, 2009

Jumping back on the wagon...

And I don't mean the diet wagon! Not that I don't need to watch my weight and increase my exercise or improve my cardiovascular - blah...blah... blah.... I'm just not even going to try to approach that wagon today! :)

I'm going to try to get back into a better routine of sewing/quilting! I've recently discovered several new quilty bloggers and they are spurring me on to try my hand at some different designs using less traditional prints. I really like the funky colors and loud prints that aren't exactly the styles our grandmothers quilted. I certainly enjoy the traditional fabrics and patterns, but sometimes you just gotta let your hair down and throw something obnoxious or less traditional into the mix. Ya'know? (Wow... the closer I get to the BIG 40 - the bolder I get.)

I've also been introduced to Moda Bakeshop. Am I the only one that has never been to their site before? I LOVE their stuff!! I would like to try a quilt made with layer cakes, jelly rolls, and honey buns. Now you tell me... how bad can it be to quilt using such yummy stuff?

I've been trying to de-clutter and better organize the dead spaces in our house. It seems as though these areas have been tured into drop locations for what noone else wants. So - maybe after another day or so of decluttering and throwing out everyone else's junk, I'll have a nice little creative/sewing space arranged to motivate myself to sew.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin