Monday, August 10, 2009

A productive weekend

Surprisingly enough I had a very productive weekend and made a huge dent in my 'to do' lists.

With school starting in less than 2 weeks, it was time to make the dreaded trip to the mall and stock up on school uniforms. This task is quite daunting because Bailey and I each HATE to shop, much less together at a mall, and she needs a size 7 long in pants - now most stores only carry one or two styles in a 7 long and if you are lucky enough to find them you are only going to find one or two pairs. Which was exactly the case this weekend, but we persevered and came home with enough uniform pants to start the year. Now that I know the size and the style, I can order more on-line. Now to find polo shirts in the appropriate uniform colors that will actuall tuck-in and stay tucked in! UGH~

We did it - we found three shirts - all white - but they will work and we have new pants and even shoes to start the freshman year with! Woo Hoo!!! I feel so far ahead of the game- you just have no idea. Usually I'm scrambling around at the last minute trying to find even ONE lone pair of pants for her, but not this year. I don't know what got into me? I'm not sure what motivated me to do it early? Oh well- I'm not complaining.

I also conquered Briley's uniform needs this weekend with a quickie trip to Target. I couldn't believe it - we were in and out of there in less than an hour! She had tried on a stack of shorts, skorts, and pants and was happy with all of them - so mark her off of my lists! Briley even picked out a new pair of sneakers at the athletic store and we were in and out of there in under 20 mins! SCORE!!!! It was a weekend for miracles!

All school supplies have been bought and we are READY for school - with two weeks left to go?
Whew - I guess the trick is to divide and conquer? I took Briley one day and Bailey the next day - and there wasn't even any Xanax involved?

ALSO - on Thursday night, Brit announced to me that she needs about $200 of supplies for her State Board Licensing tests in Cosmetology and she needs all of this gathered and sorted and ready for her final exam at school by TUESDAY - yes - the Tuesday that is tomorrow! I'm sure you can imagine my response - "Oh sure dear, let me just hand you a spare $200 and you can shop till you drop!"... UH NOT!!!!

Well anyway, I made the dreaded trip to Wally World and Sally's beauty supply on Friday and we gathered the necessary items... Surely at some point in the future I will reap some sort of reward for all of this? Ya' know? All is want is a free hair cut everynow and then? Would that be too much to ask?

So... there you have it - I've stimulated the economy once again. I've done my part to contribute to that ever 'free' public education that all three of my children have received.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin