Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Girl Scout Road Trip

This past weekend, the Plano Heritage Farmstead Museum had Scout Day for the Boy and Girl Scouts in the area. This event was so much fun for our girls, I was pleasantly surprised at how organized and fun the day turned out. There were so many different activities that the troops could participate in with hands on experiences, and we didn't spend any time at all wandering around waiting for our turn or looking for something to do.

Here are a few pics of the day:
This is the front of the house which was the original homestead built on the property in 1891.




Here is a picture of the drawing room... my main interest was the quilt in the frames, of course. They wouldn't let us use any flashes in the house so my picture doesn't really capture the beauty of the quilt or of the room.

The girls were really stunned when the tour guide talked about how 'early' phones worked...I gotta admit, it did seem like a lot of work to make a phone call?
The next point of interest was the bathroom - I don't think my pictures do the bathtub justice - that thing was HUGE - I'm pretty sure you could have bathed three or four kids in there, at one time?

I absolutely fell in love with this quaint little kitchen - I realize it was small, but oh how warm and inviting....

Check out the coffee grinder - fresh ground coffee! This was obviously before the Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts starting popping up on every corner.

Next, it was time for a little laundry...I don't think I'll see Briley adding this to her daily chore list? She was impressed for about 2 minutes, then the water and the mess of it all quickly turned her interest to something else. :)



Soon it was time to learn how to tie knots! This is not something that I have ever been able to excel in. Just give me a pair of tennis shoes to tie and that's about where my personal skill level ends. Luckily, I don't have any real 'knot tying' needs in my world!

We'll end today's post on one last note.... Bathroom Break Anyone?

Be sure to stop back by my blog tomorrow, as I share our adventures in cow milking, candle dipping, and oh so much more!

1 comment:

Deb said...

fun day...cute photos...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin