Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Internet Habits

Do you have habits or rituals that you go through each day when you click on the 'blue e', that links you to the World Wide Web???

Well I do - whether you call it rituals, routines, or just OCD habits. Feel free to call them what you like, but in the interest of moving this post along I'll just refer to them as habits! :)

Each morning when I come into my office, the first thing I do is push the big round button on my CPU. Then I usually chit chat with a few folks in the office until my desk top is loaded and ready for me to begin clicking my way through the next 8 hours or so.
The first stop on my agenda is the company email. After all, they do pay me to work occasionally and sometimes there are items that I need to take care of before my work day begins. Once I get past the daily deluge of emails and junk emails, I immediately open up my Internet browser, turn on my on-line radio station, and start checking out the blog buddies that I visit each day. Next up I check the online newspaper from my hometown.

There's nothing so interesting or earth shattering that goes on in a small town with the population of 40,000 or so, but it's my hometown and I like to keep up with the folks going to jail, the divorces filed, the engagement and wedding announcements, and most importantly the obituaries! :) If I check nothing else for the day, I will always check the obituaries. Sounds kinda creepy huh? Well you see.... If I don't know the deceased person, I usually recognize or know a person listed as next of kin or relative of some sort. What do you expect in a small town? Everybody knows everybody, and usually they are kinfolk! LOL

Once I've caught up with the news in Hicktown, USA I continue on about my daily Internet habits and check bank balances for the company and move along to whatever real work I need to get busy handling. Oh and lets not forget my newly added habit/addiction - FACEBOOK! I just can't explain it, but there's something oddly interesting about reading what is on other people's minds for the day. I can't say that I really care what so-and-so from my high school class is doing this weekend, but at the same time I can't stop checking in throughout the day to 'see what's going on'? LOL Let's save the FACEBOOK addiction for another day's post...shall we??

So what are your daily Internet/Computer habits? Oh don't try to deny it - you know you have them! :)

2 comments:

Ashley Bray said...

You sound like me except the local newspaper, our newspaper is weekly and is definitely not on internet. I love checking my blog buddies.

Wendy said...

I am starting to wish I had your job!!! lol I used to have sort of a routine but ever since I got back online, I've found that I don't really have the time to do much and it's hard to concentrate or get into things. Even my message boards and digiscrapping. Gosh, I feel like something's wrong with me to not be interested in those things!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin